Our annual Volunteer Faire will be held on May 19th at Pro Photo Supply Event Center. Learn more about the film festival and meet the people and volunteers that make our festival one of the best in world according to MovieMaker Magazine.
Although the festival will be held August 29th through September 5th, there are plenty of events leading up to our August kick-off that need volunteers. Come this Thursday, May 19th, between 5:30 and 8:30pm to learn more. All are welcome to meet the team, grab some snacks, drinks and network with other film lovers.
Many hands make light work: we’ve broken projects down into clearly defined, manageable tasks so no one gets overloaded. Bring a pal! Whether you want to work before or during the festival, we can use your help. Each team of the festival will have a table with information about open positions and more:
- Volunteer team
- Social media
- Media (Film & video)
- Conference and workshops
- Art Team
Upcoming Festival Events & Volunteer Opportunities
Besides our annual festival in August/September, we get out to other community events during the summer. Join in, volunter and have some fun!
- Portland Business Meet & Greet, May 22nd, 2:30-5:30pm
- Laurelhurst General Meeting, May 31st, 7-9pm
- Starlight Parade walk, June 4th 8:30-11pm
- Junior Parade walk, June 8th, 1-2pm
- Festival Birthday party, June 11th, 5:30pm-midnight
- Portland Pride Festival at Tom McCall Waterfront Park, June 18 & 19, noon to 6pm
- Portland Pride Parade, June 19th, 11am to 1pm
- Last Thursday Booth, June 30, 6-9pm
- Last Thursday Booth, July 28, 6-9pm
- Bridge Pedal Booth, August 14, 7am-2pm
- Last Thursday Booth, August 25, 6-9pm
- MusicFestNW – August 27-28th, noon to 8pm
- Portland Film Festival, August 29th to September 5th, 10am-midnight, many shifts available
About Portland Film Festival:
Portland Film Festival is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to nurturing filmmakers and audiences, and to celebrating the power of a good story. The festival focuses on the people, ideas, technology, skills, and artistry behind filmmaking and provides both entertaining and educational opportunities to the public.
Thanks for taking the time to read this—See you Thursday! Can’t make the event? Email jobs you are interested in to: april (at) portlandfilm.org or dirks (at) portlandfilm.org