In a world increasingly dominated by huge tent-pole films, independent voices are more vital to our culture, and more in need of support, than ever. Portland Film Festival brings a broad diversity of voices together on one stage—including artists from around the world, but also locals, women, LGBTQ, the Indigenous, LatinX and more.
Portland Film Festival year round programs include:
- #FutureFilmmakers: Our program partners with the Boys & Girls Club of Portland and gives educational experiences to underprivileged children.
- Portland Film Club: Our program is set up like a book club. It is Portland’s largest group of film goers. Over 4k members.
- Portland Independent Film Networking Meetup: Networking events that focus on industry members as well discussion groups to support the community through open communication and transparency. Over 4500 members.
- Portland Film & Video Networking Group: A public Facebook group that opens up dialogue between Portland area filmmakers and industry supporters. It’s open only to Portland and area residents. Over 5K members.
- Portland Film Industry Speed Networking Event: Oregon’s largest annual film industry networking event. Held at the beginning of The Portland Film Festival. It brings a large amount of filmmakers from around the world together with local filmmakers. Buy tickets now before they sell out!
- Kids Film Festival: One of the few Festivals in Oregon that focuses on films made by and starring children.
- PDOC: Portland Documentary Film Festival
- PDXShorts: Portland Shorts Film Festival